Well yesterday’s  first walk was a bitch! Not even due to my legs being all wobbly but laying down for so long and then shocking my system was horrible.  My entire upper body started to have muscle spasms so it took a good ten mins to get up.  Then when I get up I took a few steps and made it to the portable commode. That felt good to sit up for a while, made another bowel movement. No shame kinda dozed off for a few mins on the commode lol. It’s ok it takes alot of effort the first time you get up. But I made it and then the nurses helped me back to my bed. I now know how infants feel after they play for such a short amount of time. I totally passed out after I was back in the bed.  That was awesome sleep! The next time was later that night this time the nurses and I agreed that muscle relaxers and Norco would be a better bet for my next walk.  So that’s what we did 30 mins before and it definitely  help as all the muscles in my stomach  were relaxed and made it easier to get up and sit upright. I walked alot further this time to the foot of the bed and then I turned around.  It is very hard to bend my donor  leg so making proper steps is tricky.  My left leg I can do whatever with as its just dry as all hell at this point and starting to itch like scabs do. I felt accomplished after all that attempting to walk being laid on my bad 5 days is a challenge  indeed.

So that’s yesterday recap….

Moving forward….

Today is day 6 post op and the physical therapist came to assess my gait (walking).  They are so attentive to my needs 😀 it’s awesome! PT has me going to physical therapy for two weeks at a rehabilitation. This ought to be awesome I hope some of it involves water I like putting my legs in water I just know my grafts can go in it but it’ll allow me to move my legs freely. I can’t wait to get back to normal walking.  Well semi normal but I think physical therapy will help with my bum knee as well.

Also I’m getting really sick of smelling dry blood that is the most  unsettling smell there is. And I can’t do much about it until I am able to shower properly. And my scrotum is still very oozing but everything else is pretty closed over.  My urethra  has been leaking and I know it’s from the moments I felt I had to pee aka my cath was either full or tangled. But I told crane about  the feeling he says most likely I’ll end up peeing before it’s time. But I definitely  know it’s working already yayy! I love my scrotum too it’s alot better now that he has fixed it and repositioned everything properly into its proper anatomical correct and forward position. I think more surgeons need to learn this technique it would save alot of us future revisions.

But now it is dinner time, so I’m going to eat and crash before I get up again..

Until  next time



Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s